The HIP 100 portfolio re-weights the S&P 100 component companies, based on core Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) practices measured through a systematic analysis of 30+ criteria across the following categories:
- How HIP are the company’s Products?
- How much Human Impact is realized in quantifiable results?
- How are HIP Management Practices embedded in decisions?
NEW HIP 100 TOP 10
(rankings revised as of December 31, 2017)
Rank. Company (security ticker), HIP Rating
- Intel Corp. (INTC) 71.9
- Biogen Idec Inc. (BIIB) 69.5
- Texas Instruments (TXN) 69.1
- Merk & Co. Inc. (MRK) 68.5
- Johnson & Johnson (JNJ) 68.4
- Cisco Systems Inc. (CSCO) 68.3
- Medtronic (MDT) 67.4
- Accenture (ACN) 66.8
- Bristol-Myers (BMY) 66.4
- Abbott Laboratories (ABT) 66.1
This mega/large-cap equity portfolio ranks S&P 100 companies depending on their performance using the Human Impact + Profit (HIP) methodology. The HIP 100 Index seeks to deliver the potential for higher returns and net positive human, social and eco-impacts. Additional disclosures and assumptions are listed below; performance is shown in the attached PDF.
The HIP 100 (SM) Portfolio is a separately managed account offered by HIP Investor Inc. to institutional and individual investors and wealth advisers. (Also, available on the FOLIOfn (R) Model Manager Exchange and the Schwab Institutional (R) Advisor Marketplace.)
In addition, HIP offers comprehensive portfolio management and wealth-management Advisory Services for individuals, families, and foundations seeking to increase their “HIP” rating and portfolio performance.